Monday, July 1, 2013

Moving Forward

Tri Athy - Double Olympic
A sunny day in Athy for the most part.  A steady swim coupled with a fast - ish bike and decent run.
All I needed to do was keep up with Eddie my 4:40 in Austria bike split fiend, I knew if he was in sight I had a chance.  I came in to T2 and there was Eddie, thats some bike he said, which one I said, "the one you did".
I smiled.  Maybe it was, but it was the run I was focused on.  Another 1:30 odd for 20K after a 80 - 90K bike.  Good to do, shame I wont hold that in August.


Tri an Mhi - National Half Distance
Ireland.  A national championship.  May. Freezing.  The water was unreal.  Struggled to put my face in.  As did everyone else.  When I came out though felt good.  Steady enough bike and decent run.  All in all faster than last year.  I was put back in my box by female champ on the day.  Inspiring stuff from Jen Duffy.  Hit by a car and knocked off the bike, I rolled past thinking to myself I hope she is not hurt.  Little did I know on the run she slowly caught me and passed me over the hill in the final segment.  Tough woman.

http://www.limericktriathlon.com/drupal/?q=content/tri-mhi-race-report-mike-lane

Limerick Half Marathon
Great to have the family over for a gathering and a half marathon.  Fair play to everyone for making the effort to get together.  It was an amazing weekend.  Got around the course too - just !

No comments:

Post a Comment