Sunday, April 28, 2013

Elusive - Sub 40 off the Bike




An athlete who tells you the training is always easy and always fun simply hasn't been there. Goals can be elusive which makes the difficult journey all the more rewarding.
Alberto Salazar 

A difficult 3 weeks from the last week in March to the 2nd week in April had me wondering where things were headed.  A prolonged bout of sinus infection and low volume training for 3 weeks (sub 8 hours each week).  Oh dear my form is seems to be slipping and I don't feel to good.  Your body is simply an amazing thing more so than I think we ever give it credit for.

Un - scheduled rest can do you good it seems.  Apart from people in the way in the swim and some customary bumping in the lanes, Joey went well.  I wish the run had been twice the length, and that I didn't have to stop to get the bloody stones out of my shoes.  Still perhaps they played their part by keeping me well paced & focused.  Sub 40 off the bike & come to think of it an Olympic distance PB. Sweet. 

Roll on next week !

Philip MANUEL (30 - 34)
Place 42 
Time 02:14:13  Swim 00:30:16 Bike 01:02:26 Run 00:39:46

No comments:

Post a Comment