Sunday, September 9, 2012

Finding Sheep

I once Lost a Sheep in Kenmare but caught a gaze of him later, so I went back to find him again.  Yesterday's race may be the best triathlon result I have ever had. 39th overall.  After my disastrous drowning in Austria I have been hitting the pool in the mornings to see if I can make some headway. 34:08 swim for 1900M.  For me that is huge progress.  Transition was a light-year away from the swim exit, a run over the bridge in Kenmare in the wetsuit and goggles was rather novel, all 1.5K of it.  Enjoyed the bike section it is a epic course with great climbs up the Healy and Caha Pass, it is worth travelling to for the drive and sightseeing alone. Off the bike a bit slower than I though I would be but pretty fresh all the same.  The run course was harder than I remember. At time's on the way home stretch I didn't feel like I was moving to well.  So I was astonished to see afterwards 1:39:57.  In truth two of the hills towards the end had me walking so I was thinking 1:47 in my head.

Training, the process, the routine, the freedom, seems to be all coming together and I am enjoying this sport more than ever.


"It's never too late to become what you might have been".
-George Elliot


lost-sheep-triathlon-cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment