Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our Watch Says....Philip Says

Did my first Long Run "only" in the push towards the Dublin Marathon this morning in a Sunny/Showery Cratloe Woods.  Feeling full of optimism towards this block of training.  The woods are a good place to run and the time flew by.  Perhaps it as the hills and ups and downs but 2 Hours 10 felt short. My trusty Polar told me I covered 17.8 Miles.  Here's to hoping that is the case. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.  The first couple of long ones are easy its after 6 or 7 Sundays the bed begins to feel like a trap.  Haha maybe 2 Sundays.

Next Tri is Olympic Distance in Dublin on 26th August, that is a Sunday Long Run day.  Suppose I will just have to get out and do a bit of running afterwards !  



Brian Boru last week. What can be said except out thoughts and prayers are with Liam Cahill who I hear is in a full body cast for the next ten weeks after the accident on the bike.   I am devasted this had to happen in a so called "home race".  Gut instinct is important and if it had not been said by a dozen people prior to the race that the bike course was dangerous perhaps I could accept what happened a little better. But then thinking back this is the biggest accident of any race I have ever competed in since I started racing anywhere in 2005.  But what do we know we are only athletes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment