Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lanzorate

As far as race's I have done go; very few have or will live up to Ironman Lanzorate.  I would go as far to say that it is not actually a race, more a journey into your mind and soul.   It was a truly epic day.  Epic scenary and of course the wind & heat were epic too.

I loved it.  Absolutely loved it.  One of the best days of my life. It seems all the trials in the lead up to this one made it all the more satisfying.  Result was average enough but still decent considering they call it the toughest Ironman on the planet.  And I was happiest with my Bike.

Swim 01:11:27 T1 06:15 Bike 06:37:16 T2 04:43 Run 04:15:56 Total 12:15:36.

Will ponder now what "long" one to do next, there will be another.

For now I will think of the recovering and working towards Dublin marathon in October.

It is amazing to think that the infamous Geb uttered the words below, funny they seem to apply to me also.

I have to change a lot of things before I become a good marathon runner.
Haile Gebrselassie

I haven't done a marathon for a long time. So we'll see. I will need good luck.
Haile Gebrselassie

No comments:

Post a Comment