Monday, May 2, 2011

Direction of the Wind

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to reach my destination.   The order of life.  1st of all I am an individual. 2nd of all I am a Husband, 3rd of all I am an Employee and then I am an Athlete.

Once you have each of the these area's in good working order your inner Athlete will improve.  I have made a change in area number 3.  The decision has been the correct one.  Purely because the top 2 area's have improved.

On the Athlete front I have unfinished business and actually had forgotten what brought me to endurance sport in the first place; running.  I love it but left it aside while Triathlon took hold. 

I have made no improvement on personal best times in 10K, Half Marathon or the Marathon over the last 18 months.  My mind is thinking this is simply not good enough.  My body is telling me the same thing.

Increasing distance may not be the most efficient way to get  better, a 100 mile week may be no better than a 50 mile week. Quality.  Time to pay attention to training sessions and not just go out for an hour at the same pace.

Season goals have changed.  Races have changed.  I have changed.  The result - I had to adjust my sail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment