Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Marcus Aurelius

Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears. –Marcus Aurelius


2011 has not been all sunshine and rainbows. A series of "issues" have caused the direction I was travelling to be altered. Everything happens for a reason. I have not raced in ages.


I was really disappointed to have to pull out of the European Duathlon Championships in Limerick last weekend. I may not have been in the best shape for the race after a mixed couple of weeks of illness, temperature and migraine. I still had a tear in my eye walking away from the course on Saturday all the same. Anyone who loves this sport will know how I felt. It was good to help out though and I have to say standing at the finish line I saw a thousand stories. Motivation huh?


And to top it all off yesterday a Hamstring strain comes on to the field of play.


Bit like bonus time. Lots of things making me re-focus. Illness due to less than perfect nutrition & injury due to poor flexibility. Guess what I will be adding to the program and making sure I get it perfected.


Limbo now. Will make my decision on the rest of the season in Lanzorate whilst going around the windy island. What do I want from the sport? What do I want from myself? What changes are neccessary?


I will have 17 hours to think about that and season 2011 in a wetsuit, on a saddle and then on the run in the blazing son.


Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. - Michael Jordan


Damn right Michael, damn right.

No comments:

Post a Comment