Saturday, November 13, 2010

Finish Line for 2010

2010. What a year. The Ironman was a fantastic experience.  Thank you to all who offered encouragement, support and sponsorship.  Thank you to Ulster Bank who doubled the money I had raised by donating a generous €5000 to the Mannix Kane Appeal on my behalf.  Total Sponsorship raised in the region of €7500.
Success.

Just by getting off my behind and trying to do something for some-one else I enjoyed a lot of small success's this year, moments in my life I will never forget.  Not only did I go further than I ever have before, I went faster too.  I was given the privilege of racing in the European Championships on my own doorstep, and the World Championships in Budapest.  At the start of 2010 I really did not see any of this.

Is there a lesson in this experience for me, for people?  Motivation is mostly an internal thing, but sometimes external factors come along that will bring you to the next level.  Open our minds to believe you can improve go further.  It's not as hard as we sometimes think.

No comments:

Post a Comment