Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kilkee and the sun shines

Hell of the West 2010.  A well organised and brilliant race.  Limerick Triathlon Club surpassed themselves.  Best layout, marshaling and organisation of a race in the country.  Congratulations to C Murphy and the team, the buzz before, during and, well after the race was fantastic.  I left before the party started afterwards so as not to succumb to temptation.

I felt good all day in swim, bike and run.  Seem to have found the threshold I can operate at without blowing up in the run.  A good improvement on last year.  But not in the area's I thought.  Swim was much better, bike a little better but I had a lot more left for the run.  When I crossed the finish line I was surprised,  I wasn't really tired at all.  Breath was back before I left the finish zone with my bottle of water.  Didn't push hard enough or just comfortable in what I am doing.  I think the latter.


Position 79 /Philip Manuel M (30 - 34) Swim 00:28:45 (230) / T1 00:00:48 (41) / Bike 01:15:52 (50) / T2 00:00:38 (20) / 00:45:46 (125) / Total 02:31:47.

For the 1st time in the finish zone this year I had a thought to myself.  I really now believe that I can get Bolton done.  I felt like going around the course again and again........

No comments:

Post a Comment